24. Sep 2022
Time09:00 - 17:30
What is an Academy?At Plant-for-the-Planet Academies, 9-12 year-olds deal with the causes and consequences of the climate crisis. They will learn about what every single person can do, how to give presentations and to plan their own first actions. At the end of the Academy, they are each recognized as a Climate Justice Ambassador and receive a large package of information materials.
Overview of the Academy's topics:
Climate crisis and global justice:
What is the climate crisis and what does it cause - here and in other places of the world?
What impact do trees have on the climate crisis? How do they reduce the level of CO2 in the atmosphere?
Ideas for activities:
What can I actually do myself? How do I get through to my friends, my school or the media?
What to bring:
• der Witterung entsprechende Kleidung (ggf. Wechselkleidung)
• Gummistiefel und Wechselschuhe
• (Arbeits-/Garten-) Handschuhe für die Pflanzung
• nach Möglichkeit Schaufel oder Spaten
• Trinkflasche (Getränke sind vor Ort vorhanden, aus Umweltschutzgründen möchten wir allerdings auf Einwegbecher verzichten)
Es wäre gut, wenn ihr eure Sachen mit eurem Namen beschriftet.
Participation and catering are free of charge.The Academy is an out-of-school event. The participants are neither covered by statutory accident insurance nor by a possible personal liability insurance of the school. In case of any damage to persons or property the participants/the parents are liable with their own liability insurance.