Plant-for-the-Planet is a youth-led non-profit organization with a vision to bring back a Trillion Trees. We are a collective of young climate justice ambassadors, environmental scientists, designers, and developers – spread across 7 continents – who work together to bring solutions to solve the climate crisis.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager(s) with demonstrated experience leading full-stack development. The ideal candidate will bring both strategic vision and solid execution skills to create responsive web applications for mobile and desktop.
- Lead and develop the team of frontend and backend developers and designers, building and promoting competencies in all areas to form a strong and empowered team. This includes coaching new team members and supporting and advising team members on technical issues
- Shape and champion the IT strategy for Plant-for-the-Planet, in close collaboration with management
- Design, develop, deploy, and optimize technical solutions for the business, including System-, Information-, Security-, Application- and Technology Architecture.
- Work with UX Designers, Architects, and other Developers to implement full-stack web and mobile solutions
Required Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years of experience developing software applications
- Several years of experience in product development in an agile environment using SCRUM
- Clear understanding of software development best practices
- Several years of experience as a team leader is desirable
- Technical expertise in DevOps, including Domain and DNS mgmt, Cloudflare, Firewall, application security, authentication, app deployments, and hosting
- Working knowledge of Git Flow
- Demonstrated experience with HTML5, CSS3 and Responsive Web Development
- Demonstrated experience with Node.js, ReactJS and React Native
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Experience working with MySQL/Postgres and writing database migrations.
- Be able to have a macro-level overview of the projects and learn things quickly to help the team succeed.
- Experience with GIS and Map Integrations
- Experience with Payment Processors such as Stripe or Paypal
- Work on Open Source Projects
- Salary Range: 8LPA – 14LPA (determined based on location skillset)
- Flexible working hours
- 4 weeks of paid leave/year
We look forward to your application via our online form.
- 2 rounds, with one involving a technical interview.
Candidates are required to have English language proficiency of (C1 level or higher.) Knowledge of German, Spanish, etc is a plus.
Location: Mumbai or Remote (India, Mexico)
We value and promote the diversity of our employees and applicants. We look forward to your application via our online form.