Plant-for-the-Planet is a youth-led non-profit organization with a vision to plant a Trillion Trees. We are a collective of young climate justice ambassadors, environmental scientists, designers, and developers – spread across different continents – who work together to bring solutions to solve the climate crisis.
We are looking for a Full Stack Web Developer with demonstrated experience in the Node.js framework. The ideal candidate will bring both strategic vision and solid execution skills to develop and deploy web and mobile applications. If you’re an experienced all-around developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming, you’re a good fit for our team. We’re looking for great team players, with:
- Develop and deploy web and mobile applications using native and open source technologies
- Work with UX Designers, Architects, and other Developers to implement full-stack web and mobile solutions
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using the best software development practices
- Create solutions to unite Tree Planting Projects around the World
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 2+ years of experience developing software applications
- Demonstrated expertise with Nodejs, Responsive App Development, and ReactJS
- Well versed with RESTful APIs, Open API Schemas, and MySQL
- Understanding of document description languages such as JSON
- Very good understanding of version control and working knowledge Git Flow
- Experience with Payment Processors such as Stripe or Paypal
- An eye for detail and a clear understanding of software development best practices
- Work on Open Source Projects
- Competitive Salary based on Location
- Flexible working hours
- 4 weeks of paid leave/year
- If you are based in Mumbai, IN; Cancun MX; or Munich DE: opportunity to work from Office after the pandemic.
We look forward to your application via our online form.