Plant-for-the-Planet is a youth-led non-profit organization with a vision to restore a Trillion Trees. We are a collective of young climate justice ambassadors, environmental scientists, designers, and software developers – in the Americas, Asia & Europe – working together to find solutions to the climate crisis.
We are looking for our first Restoration Project Advisor for our network of over 200 tree planting and forest restoration projects by over 70 organisations.
You will provide free advice to forest restoration projects around the world that may not have in-house ecologists. This may include advice on site selection, restoration methods, species selection, involvement of the local community, designing monitoring systems, nursery processes and more. Most of this work will be done via zoom and email from our office, however in some cases it may also involve travelling to the projects and helping them on the ground.
You will also
- Advise on design of restoration software like our WebApp and apps like TreeMapper, SeedManager & FireAlert
- Work with our communication teams to create instructional materials, including videos, for restoration organisations
This position is based in Constitución, Campeche at the office of our Yucatan Restoration and Conservation project where on-site housing and three meals are provided. We will also consider remote applications.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s or PhD in restoration ecology or related field
- 3+ years of experience with forest restoration projects
- Intimate knowledge of conservation and restoration methods
- Experience conducting forest inventories
- Speak English
Good to have
- Experience with remote-sensing-based forest monitoring
- Research experience in soil microbial ecology and/or soil science
We value and promote the diversity of our employees and applicants. Please email your application documents (resume and cover letter), stating your earliest possible starting date and your salary expectations to Felix Finkbeiner (firstname.lastname@example.org).